Friday, September 17, 2010

Allergy Free Granola Bites


{I can't wait until it cools. I must have a bite!}

{Thank goodness for Enjoy Life Allergy Free Chocolate Chips!!}

I am always looking for allergy free recipes for the little princess. Anything that appeals to my own sweet tooth is always a plus. Cooking without eggs or dairy is always a challenge but I am determined to find yummy substitutes that the entire family can enjoy. One of the things that we miss out on are granola bars. I was on the hunt for something that travels well that I can keep in the car for a quick snack.

Thanks to Melissa at AnotherLunch.com for this granola receipe. I was able to use the recipe and make it allergy free. A treat free of egg, dairy, soy, nuts and wheat is a feat. These allergy free granola bites are easy to make and you can add all your favorite mix ins. This recipe turns out crunchy granola bites. I am still on the hunt for gooey granola bars, so if you have one pass it along.

Allergy Free Granola Bites

Ingredients:

2 1/2 C. quick oats
1/2 C. crisp rice cereal
1/2 C. Enjoy Life Allergy Free chocolate chips
1/3 C. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 C. canola oil
1/4 C. honey
1/2 tsp. vanilla
* optional: ground flax seed and/or wheat germ (I use 3 heaping Tbs. or so of each).

Mix all ingredients together, except chocolate chips. When ingredients are well combined add chocolate chips. Use a mini muffin pan. Spray each cup with non-stick pray. Spoon granola mixture into each cup pressing granola mixture into cup and level with the top of the pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes until tops are golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool for 45 minutes. It is important to let the granola bites sit in the pan to cool.

If you to remove before the bites cool and set your granola will crumble and fall apart. You can use a regular muffin pan, just cook a little longer and let cool overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment