Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Welcome + BOTD

Welcome to the Tales of a Crazy Crafty Mom! This blog is a spin off of my Couture and Crayons blog. Even though I love all things fashion, I have a undeniable crafty side. I don't want to bore my fellow fashionistas with my crazy crafty ideas which are often inspired by my 3 year old daughter so I'll leave the fashion side of me over there. This blog will be dedicated to craftiness, cooking and all things home...er maybe even cleaning tips.

My daughter has multiple food allergies, namely soy, dairy, egg and tree nuts, so most of the recipes I post will be free of these ingredients.

My newest craze is the art of the Bento. These are not the traditional bentos you'll find at resaurants, this bento boxes are tailored for toddlers. Cute food molds and crafty ideas to make food fun is what these bentos are about. So instead of OOTD (outfit of the day) I'll be posting my BOTD (bento of the day). Again, my bentos will be catered to my daughter and they will include items that are free of soy, dairy, egg and nuts.




Today's bento lunch includes Mickey Mouse chicken nuggets from Costco, Baked Veggie Straws from Costco, Jello fish, apples, strawberries, allergy free granola bites (recipe to come) and fruit leather.

2 comments:

  1. must be tough to figure out what she could eat with her allergies. the bento looks awesome! You should post this on "What's for lunch Wednesday"! I did! http://www.bentolunch.net/2010/09/whats-for-lunch-wednesday-week-16.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, having so many food allergies must be so hard! Your bento box lunches are really cute!

    ReplyDelete